I parked my van at a rest stop to walk my puppy today and a bunch of cyclists pulled up. On the way back to my van, I saw a man peeing very close by, out in the open.
I’m wondering what the etiquette is for situations like this. Do I politely pretend I’m blind and give the man with a full bladder privacy as he relieves himself? Or should I say something to make these people aware that public peeing is gross?
While I’m still at a crossroads about this, in preparation, I’ve drawn up seven essential things to say if speaking out against public peeing is indeed the right path to choose.
- ‘Oooo, look! A native watering hole!’
- ‘Excuse me, sir, hatetomentionit, but I think your fly’s undone.’
- ‘Don’t you just LOOOOOVE it here! You can really let yourself GOOOOOO in a place like this.’
- ‘Mmmm…what’s that acidic smell?’
- ‘Hey, mind if I join you?’
Or when all else fails…..
7. ‘Oi! Get a toilet!’
xx Trouser Girl