Every Christmas, for the past decade, my mum has put together calenders for our extended family. In the early days she used to make them by hand. Now there’s online sites to make her calender making job a lot easier.
The calenders have become a very popular Christmas present. Each month features a different photo of one of my family members and some of the photos have been classics.
My grandma highly anticitpates the family calender every year. She usually says something like, ‘Oh goodie!’ when she unwraps hers.
A couple of days ago, I pinned the latest one to my kitchen cork board.
(As usual, I’m always onto things like updating my yearly calender.)
Looking at this photo, four things cross my mind:
1. My little brother looks groovy in green hair.
2. My three brothers on the right are first class hoots. (Please note James and his imitation of a western cowboy, complete with tire and hand gun.)
3. Fluro orange glasses definitely suit my purple bridesmaid dress.
4. My sister needs a bigger hat.
5. And lastly, dang I love these silly dorks.
If you have silly dorks for relatives, give ’em a big mushy bear hug.
Life’s more sparkly with them around.